Lakeside Science & Technology Park GmbH
Who are we?
Lakeside Park is a platform for interdisciplinary collaboration between companies, research and education mainly in the field of information and communication technologies (ICT). More than 1,200 people already gather here in about 70 technology and research-oriented companies and Start-ups linked to the incubator, as well as 3 research institutes. By 2030, there should be 2,500 people researching, developing, working, teaching, learning and living at Lakeside Park.
The "Educational Lab" at Lakeside Park is an open research laboratory for new forms of education, training and further education. Cooperative organizations, initiatives and projects gather here to develop, test and realize new forms of teaching and learning in the fields of STEM (Mathematics, Computer Science, Science, Technology), research and development, entrepreneurship and internationality (Culture, Languages).
The special features of Lakeside Park include its proximity to the University of Klagenfurt at Lake Wörthersee and its links with the incubator build! as well as the Carinthia University of Applied Sciences. Lakeside Park is the place to be for tech-oriented Start-ups in southern Austria, offering unique opportunities for collaboration between companies, education and research.
Lakeside Park’s mission is to
- Present an international campus for science & technology
- Set up a university and education location with international appeal
- Establish a site with unique architecture and top class infrastructure in the highest quality of living environment
- Establish an attractive location for leading international companies and cutting-edge Start-ups
Which phases of startups do we support?
- Business idea
Startups from which industries are we servicing?
Lakeside Park is a leading regional innovation hub for interdisciplinary development projects and cooperative research in the field of information and communication technologies and supplementary technologies. These developments have applications in all industry fields such as:
- Business and Productivity
- Energy and Utilities
- Financial Services
- Life Science and Agriculture
- Lifestyle and Entertainment
- Materials and Manufacturing
- Mobility and Transportation
What kind of services do we offer?
As a regional business support environment and collaboration platform Lakeside Park is member of the StartNet Carinthia and Start-up Alpe Adria initiatives and provides services via its partner network and the local business incubator.
- Programmes, workshops and trainings for Start-ups and entrepreneurial individuals;
- support and advisory to Start-ups (1:1 mentoring);
- networking and matching services for Start-ups can be accessed via the incubator build!
- Within the Educational Lab modules school pupils, students and start-ups connect to learn innovation methodologies and develop product, process and business ideas.?
Innovating & intellectual property
- The University of Klagenfurt, Carinthia University of Applied Sciences, the on-site research institutes and companies offer possibilities of collaboration in innovation projects.
- Research institutes include Lakeside Labs, Joanneum Research (institute for Robotics and Mechatronics) and AIT (Digital Safety & Security).
- Lakeside’s main holding organization, BABEG - Carinthian Agency for Investment Promotion and Public Shareholding, offers support and strategic advice to innovative companies to help them set up and grow their businesses in Carinthia.
Networking & matchmaking
- In order to inform employees and tenants about latest news and happenings an »Info-breakfast« regularly takes place in the park’s restaurant. Topped up with the updated website and newsletter the park enables up-to-date information.
- Network events like the »Walking together« are initiatives for the meeting between representatives of companies at Lakeside Park and our national and international partners.
- »Lakeside Recruiting« is a special personnel service for our enterprises which covers everything from a job portal to joint presentations at national and international careers fairs.
- Networking with SMEs, large companies, research institutions and governmental institutions on both, national and international level is possible within Lakeside Park’s ecosystem and beyond.
- Our conference and event area »Lakeside Spitz« hosts a broad variety of events dedicated to companies and Start-ups.
- Situated right beside Lake Wörthersee our infrastructure offers 34.000 m2 of office and laboratory space.
- We also offer fully equipped temporary offices.
- Our conference and event area »Lakeside Spitz« offers a total of six flexible air-conditioned rooms with high quality technical equipment and variable sizes for up to 400 persons.
- Demands for everyday life are covered by a restaurant and cafeteria, postal office, indoor and outdoor sport facilities and cooperation with the university sports institute. Five childcare institutions are situated in the park.
- Funding can be accessed via the incubator build! and the regional development fund KWF.
- Strategic investment can be applied through the BABEG Venture Fonds which aims to invest in non-university associations and Start-ups to strengthen technical research and innovations.
Access to markets
- The enterprise ecosystem within Lakeside Park already opens great opportunities for collaboration.
- National and international market access can be supported via the networks of StartNet Carinthia and Start-up Alpe Adria.
- The Long Night of Research is Austria’s biggest research promotion event.
- The »Kunstraum Lakeside« is a place of critical consideration that sets work, economy, knowledge production and communication in a tension field with local and global real and virtual spaces. The Kunstraum program offers changing exhibitions, lectures and films as well as permanent designs.
What is our vision?
“One and One is Eleven.” This calculation is becoming a formula for cooperation; a metaphor for everything cooperation can do when each participating partner is accorded the same autonomy and individuality.
As a Carinthia-based innovation centre, Lakeside Park is contributing to developments in quality and therefore to an improved range of research and development offers in science and the economy. The ‘Lakeside’ brand is synonymous with cooperation-based R&D projects in the ICT sector both nationally and internationally and is making a significant contribution to the R&D dynamic in Carinthia.
How can you contact us?
In case of interest, please refer your questions to Martin Krch email@example.com
Lakeside Science & Technology Park GmbH, Lakeside B11, 9020 Klagenfurt, Austria