Would you like to enter Austrian market? Knowing the market well is the first step you should do.
who has many years of experience on DACH markets, shared on online workshop with our selected startups in Start:up Alpe Adria acceleration programme for growth phase startups very useful information and advice. Here we share some of them with you.
When entering Austria, follow this procedure to succeed
First enter Germany, then Austria. Or first enter Switzerland and then Austria. And it's important that you have a company in Austria. With this you are buying trust, your credibility.
What's important to know about typical Austrian buyer?
- 50 % of population is using social media, and majority have mobiles, smart phones.
- When buying online, they are really keen for gaming , entertainment solutions, and smart house issues.
- In Austria there are less online buyers. People are still very keen for sales on field. Majority are still buying based on information from catalogues, flyers. Therefore, just doing online sales is not enough. Combine it with at least one channel on field.
- Majority of online buyers in Austria is 25 – 35 years old and 70 % of them check webpage before purchase. Therefore, put a lot of the effort to create a reliable webpage. In 70 % of Nina'a sales campaigns buyers also checked their webpage and checked the Impressum.
- Austrian buyer is acting and buying locally. They give priority to »made in Austria«, are very keen on bio products, bio certificates.
- Buyers don't trust foreign products. Slovenian products are treated as Balkan products, less worth.
- They put quality before price.
- They prefer materials in their local language, so make sure you translate all materials as this will give you higher credibility.
- When buying online, they prefer to choose option pay cash on delivery. First they want to receive product and then pay for it. They don't like to use PayPal.
Thank you Nina for your useful advice.